HOW TO BE AN EXCELLENT EMPLOYEE
December 2, 2015
- Understand that all relationships require trust, direction, communication and commitment to be successful.
- Keep yourself healthy, focused and alert at all times.
- Don’t be afraid to admit mistakes. It is better to admit that you made a mistake, realize why you made the mistake, and then make sure you don’t do it again.
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I don’t know.” It is better to confess ignorance and learn the right way of doing things than to pass on, or rely on, false information that may be damaging to you and the company.
- Don’t talk behind someone’s back. If you decide to come to work for us we expect your loyalty and best efforts. You should expect ours in return. If you dislike your supervisor or the company then let us know what is bothering you and we will try to work it out.
- Don’t just punch the clock. If you run out of things to do during the workday, find out if there is anything else you can do to help bring value to the company, its clients, customers and other stakeholders.
- Find the value in the diversity of our employees and customers.
- Dress correctly. Wear clothes that will make other people feel comfortable and that reflects your value to the company.
- Don’t harass, discriminate, use profanity or tell off-color jokes.
- Be honest and trustworthy. Follow the Code of Ethics provided in the Employee Handbook.
- Think! Be creative and innovative. The company is willing to listen to any suggestions or ideas you have which would increase the quality and value of our products or services.
- Follow the Golden Rule! Act with respect and responsibility towards those around you.
John actually has perfected a service department selling skills training program for Advisors, technicians and their managers. Let me tell you, if you follow it, it works!
~ Dealer Principal – Mid sized Honda Dealership
Read more testimonials
Fairchild Automotive Solutions Buzz